Part 1: Community
The Kudoz Community (“Kudoz”) brings together adults living with cognitive disabilities (“Kudoers”) with volunteers (“Hosts”) to share interests and passions with each other. Kudoz exists to celebrate and grow people’s passions and interests.
1. My participation and use of the Kudoz are at my own responsibility & risk.
- The experiences I receive through Kudoz (“Experiences”) come with no guarantees, expressed or implied. Kudoz makes no guarantee that Experiences will match or meet my needs.
- I have the sole right and responsibility to figure out whether and when to offer, or participate in Experiences.
- Kudoz is brought to you by the “Partner Organizations”: Burnaby Association for Community Inclusion, posAbilities, Simon Fraser Society for Community Living, and InWithForward. Kudoz is not an agent of the Partner Organizations, or of any other party or person. Staff or volunteers from Partner Organizations will not be held responsible, or assume any liability for any claims, damages or other occurrences which may arise from provision or receipt of Experiences through Kudoz.
- Any agreement for Experiences shall be made solely and between Kudoers and Hosts. I understand and agree that Kudoz does not and cannot control, endorse, or guarantee the quality or character of any Kudoer or Host – even though Kudoz conducts a criminal background check on Community Members.
- I agree that Kudoz (operated the Partner Organizations) is not responsible for the actions of any Kudoer or Host. I understand and agree that I assume all risk and obligation for relying upon the quality, accuracy, reliability, honesty, and trustworthiness of other Hosts and Kudoers.
2. Experiences are voluntary (not paid).
All Experiences that I offer, or participate in as a Kudoz Member are on a voluntary basis. I agree not to request, or expect to receive or give, any money for any Experiences, except for related material fees (e.g. kitchen ingredients, art supplies, entry fees etc.) that have been stated and agreed upon in advance.
3. I won’t use Kudoz to do anything bad.
I will not use Kudoz to violate any applicable law or regulation, or to threaten, stalk, harm, harass others, or to discriminate against anyone based on any status protected by law. I also won’t encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
4. I am 18 or older, or I participate with a parent/guardian
I represent and warrant that I am 18 years or older AND have the required power and authority to enter into these Terms and Conditions. Otherwise I will only participate in Kudoz with a parent or guardian over the age of 18 who has the power and authority to enter into these Terms and Conditions. In that case, it is my parent or guardian reading this document and consenting to participation on my behalf.
Part 2: Systems & information
Kudoz makes use of technology to catalogue and book Experiences, and to connect Kudoers and Hosts. The “Kudoz System” comprises of all digital parts of Kudoz, including but not limited to the catalogue, booking system, messaging, and mobile app. “Collective Content” is the information uploaded to the Kudoz Platform by any of the Kudoz users.
5. I have read and agree to the Privacy Statement, including the following terms:
- A copy of the Privacy Statement for Kudoz is made available to me via the Kudoz website. I acknowledge that these Privacy Practices govern my access to, and use of all digital parts of Kudoz, including but not limited to the catalogue, booking system, messages, and mobile app (“the Kudoz System”).
- The Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time. All these changes will be posted on the Kudoz website and emailed to all Kudoz Members. I will read these emails in order to remain current with the policies.
- I acknowledge and understand that in order to foster community and to offer and to participate in Experiences that certain personal information that I provide (“the Profile”) will be made available to Kudoz Members, including Hosts and Kudoers. The Profile will not be made available publicly.
- By using Kudoz, I consent to the collection, transfer, processing, storage, disclosure and other uses of my personal information described in the Privacy Statement.
- I understand that the Kudoz Platform will be monitored and evaluated to improve its functionality and the impact of Experiences provided by Kudoz. I agree that the information I provide during my use of Kudoz can be used for monitoring and evaluation purposes. I agree that my information may be published to the public, as long as my identity remains anonymous.
6. I will not misuse the Kudoz Platform or any of it’s Content.
- I will not post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that:
- (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
- (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability;
- (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive;
- (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive;
- (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group;
- (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or
- (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- I will not collect or store any personally identifiable information from Kudoz or from other Kudoz users without their express permission.
- I will not impersonate or misrepresent my affiliation with any person or entity.
- I will not use, display, mirror or frame the Kudoz website or any individual element within Kudoz, any Kudoz or agency trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without the express written consent of Kudoz;
- I will not attempt to access or search the Kudoz website, or Collective Content, or download Collective Content from Kudoz through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Kudoz or other generally available third party web browsers.
7. I will not try to break or hack the Kudoz Platform.
- I will not access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site or Kudoz Community’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Kudoz and Kudoz Community’s providers.
- I will not attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Kudoz Community system or network, or breach any security or authentication measures.
- I will not avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Kudoz or Partner Organizations, or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Kudoz website, or Collective Content.
- I will not attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site or Collective Content.
- I will not interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site, or Kudoz.
8. I will not use the Kudoz Platform for other purposes than intended.
- I will not use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Kudoz Community trademark, logo URL or product name without the express written consent of Kudoz.
- I will not use the Site, Kudoz, or Collective Content for any commercial purpose, for the benefit of any third party, or in any manner not permitted by these Terms.
- I will not send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation.
- I will not forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Kudoz Website, or Collective Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information.
Questions or comments? Call or email us! (604) 862-5836 email@example.com